Scholarship Application Rules & Regulations
- Scholarships shall be awarded by the B.C. Indoor Soccer League to any successful applicant who, for one or more years, has played with a team affiliated with the BCISL and who is currently a registered member in some capacity in the BCISL; this may be as a player, referee, coach or administrator.
- Scholarships are for $750 each and shall be awarded to one male and one female applicant.
- Scholarships shall be awarded to:
- Students proceeding from Grade 12 to a university or other post-secondary institution.
- Students already attending a post-secondary institute and who will be continuing their post-secondary education for at least one more year.
- Candidates must complete the application in full and provide all required information, documents, and letters for their application to be considered.
- Scholarships are conditional, in that the funds will be withheld until such time as the recipient provides proof that he/she is attending a post-secondary institute approved by the Scholarship Selection Committee.
- A candidate must have a proficiency in indoor soccer as indicated by his/her play and/or have shown worthwhile contributions to the sport, as judged by the Scholarship Selection Committee, in the area of refereeing, coaching, or club administration.
- A candidate must have a minimum “C+” average in his/her marks.
- A candidate must have demonstrated good citizenship, character and leadership.
- A transcript of the student’s marks or a photocopy of the Permanent Record Card must accompany the application. If neither is available, a typed copy of the Permanent Record Card verified by the principal’s or post-secondary administrator’s signature will be accepted.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to see that the application is complete and that all required information, documentation and letters are enclosed with the application.
- The Scholarship Selection Committee will not enter into correspondence with any scholarship applicant or his or her agent. The decision of the Committee is final.
- ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MARCH 31 ST OF THE CURRENT YEAR!
- Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org